Developer website: Allen Smith
Bricksmith allows you to create virtual models of your Lego creations and enjoy them in all three dimensions. It is an excellent tool for creating instructions of your Lego building projects.
Bricksmith offers access to thousands of parts and dozens of colors. It also provides model-making tools for creating steps and submodels for intricate creations. Best of all, you'll never run out of bricks.
The program is based on LDraw, a fan effort to create 3D models of Lego bricks. Converters are available which enable you to feed your creations into a raytracer to produce beautiful 3D renderings.
- LSynth integration with real-time, drag-and-drop constraint editing for creating flexible hoses, chains, bands, etc.
- Curved parts are drawn with smooth shading
- Can change spin center to center of selection
- "Walk-Through" camera mode lets you view your model from the inside.
- Search feature to select all parts of a particular color or name
- Translucent parts correctly show the model behind them. (The interiors of translucent parts may not be rendered correctly.)
- Performance improvements for rendering models with large numbers of parts.
- "Insert Related" command automatically inserts selected parts that match the selection, e.g. drawers for a cupboard, tires for a wheel, window glass for a window frame.
- Split Step command
- Fixed modifier shortcuts for mouse tools not working after invoking a contextual menu on OS X 10.8 and later
- OS X 10.6 or later