operates very simply: Choose a keyboarding drill and start typing. CueType computes your words-per-minute and counts your errors.
Even better, CueType operates very visually: CueType enhances drill text with clever cues that reinforce proper keyboarding practices and reduce the urge to glance at the keyboard.
- Finger Cues apply color to match a character with a specific finger.
- Row Cues raise or lower a character according to whether its key lies above or below the "home row" on the keyboard.
- Reach Cues slant a character whose key lies outside the "natural" column of keys for a finger.
- Shift Cues outline a character that must be typed using the Shift key.
As the typist's skills mature, the cues can be turned off, one-by-one or as a group, showing drills in plain text.
- Visual cues to promote proper touch-typing techniques
- Progressive drills, introducing small groups of keystrokes at a time
- Time and error scoring
- Elegant Aqua interface (No cutesy theme or cartoony graphics!)
CueType was named a "Featured Download" and "Hot Pick" on Apple.com's "Home & Learning" Downloads page!