On trying this out, I raised a few comments wrt its functionality. e-mails to the suppoort address were sent, but today (2005-07-22) they are being bounced. Not a good sign!
1) I am on dial-up. Whenever I log off the internet, I leave most apps running. With this I always get an error dialog saying that Spam Sweep can't connect and check my accounts. I know this, and would like an option to suppress these dialogs.
2) Why does Spam Sweep download the entire e-mail, and not just the header? After selecting what is good from bad, I then end up having to re-download the e-mail again. Why can't Spam Sweep pass the already downloaded e-mails over to Mail?
3) I'd like to be able to suppress the sheet that drops down telling you what Spam Sweep is doing. I use CodeTel Virtual Desktop, and find the sheet appearing in the other desktops to be distracting.
4) The toolbar is awful! Huge icons with text. I'd like to be able to change that to smaller icons without text. It takes up far too much room as it is. No problem with a 30-inch monitor, but too much on mine! Customization of this is a must!
5) On selecting 'Delete' from the list in your window a dialog always comes up asking me if I really want to delete this. Of course I do - I just clicked delete. Please add a pref to suppress this!
6) When I mark e-mails as spam, it would be nice to have Spam Sweep delete them on the server. I end up checking mail and all that spam gets downloaded - the very action I am wanting to stop.
7) Having just started using it, the two weeks is rather short, IMO. Also, when you issue an update to correct flaws, the try-out is not reset. I think with a program such as this (as opposed to games) the try-out period should still remain the same for each new version.
This looks like it has potential, esp. for me. I use Post Armor now and would like something along the same lines, only more robust. Hopefully the bouncing e-mails are only temporary.