Developer website: Scott Lahteine
FretPet is a unique and powerful guitar-oriented music composition tool with an amazing variety of applications. FretPet plays through the built-in Quicktime synthesizer and provides a MIDI source for programs like GarageBand, Absynth, FM7, Reason, MIDIPipe, etc. FretPet has been completely re-written to take full advantage of the amazing musical powers of Mac OS X.
- Create and modify chords with simple point-and-click interfaces.
- Instantly find guitar fingerings for any tuning and position.
- Compose chord progressions and picking patterns.
- Play through QuickTime and MIDI outputs.
- Play through synths like GarageBand, Absynth, FM7, etc.
- Export MIDI files and QuickTime Music Movies.
- Find all twelve names for any chord.
- Absorb music theory without breaking a sweat.
- This is a bugfix release to address problems with the integrity of exported MIDI files. We've been using FretPet with the Alesis IO Dock and our favorite iPad synthesizers, and it's been a lot of fun. To make this experience better for everyone we're working on improved MIDI options and file export for one of our favorite new sequencers, SunVox!
- Fixed a MIDI export problem
- Known Issues:
- White lines appear when resizing documents in OS X 10.7 and 10.8.
Mac OS X 10.4 or later