Developer website: Nuvotech Limited
Script Studio (formerly Movie Outline) is a writer's toolbox for screenwriters, playwrights, and novelists. It helps you plan your story outline, develop characters, structure your narrative, and professionally format your movie script, stageplay, TV show or manuscript. It was developed by a produced/screenwriter to take the complexity out of the script- and novel-writing process, allowing you to focus on your story while the software handles the formatting and pagination.
Its design is based on the principle of step-outlining, which allows you to plan and build your cinematic structure scene-by-scene, or your novel chapter-by-chapter. You can color-code your structure into acts and sequences, use templates such as "The Hero's Journey," and compare the progress of your own story side-by-side with scene-by-scene breakdowns and analyses of 12 successful Hollywood movies
- Outline and Structure - Plan your story beat-by-beat, drag-and-drop scenes or chapters to re-organize your narrative, and color-code your structure.
- Character Development - Create in-depth, three-dimensional character profiles, analyze dialogue, and develop their story arcs step-by-step.
- Movie Reference Library - View scene-by-scene breakdowns and analyses of successful Hollywood movies and compare your story structure and pacing with the pros.
- Easy Script Formatting - Let Script Studio professionally format your script to industry standards as you type so you can focus on the story.
- Manage Notes and Ideas - Keep track of character ideas, plot points, draft script scenes and research in a global Scratch Pad, and build a checklist of story objectives in Story Tasks.
- Versatile Word Processor - Includes screenplay, stageplay, teleplay, and musical layout templates, and dedicated Novel Mode.
Note: Script Studio is a paid upgrade from Movie Outline. View full upgrade info.
- Bug fixes
- Feature improvements
- Added support for complex text languages such as Arabic, Urdu, Hindi, Armenian and Asian scripts.
- OS X 10.7 or later