reads source data, figures out the input structure and finally imports new records into the OS X address book.
Furthermore, AB Transfer exports whole address books or groups of address books as WEB.DE and GMX compatible CSV or Microsoft Excel files.
- Maps input fields to address book fields
- Trims values (strips leading and trailing spaces
- Converts text encodings (Unicode, Mac Roman, MS Windows Latin and Japanese
- Address book like user interface for field mappings
- Optionally, uses an existing group or creates a new group and adds new record to this group
- Previews data before import to ensure correct settings
An enhanced version imports 'Act!' DBF files, except so called memo fields, since these are encrypted in a special way. A typical Act! DBF file contains no more that 2-3 memo fields. Other DBF database files might be imported too, but this has not been tested. 'AB Transfer with Act! option' is 49 EUR.