Transcribe! is an assistant for working out a piece of music from a recording. Transcribe! offers many features aimed at making the transcription job smoother and easier, including the ability to slow down the music without changing its pitch, and to analyse chords and show you what notes are present.
- Transcribe! reads audio from many different types of audio file and audio CD. It displays the audio waveform and allows you to scroll around, place markers for sections, measures and beats, and easily play or loop from any point
- It can also display video files synchronised with the slowed down music
- You can add textual annotations
- Loops and positions can be stored and recalled.
- There are many keyboard shortcuts and you can configure these as you like.
- Transcribe! can respond to various pedals so as to keep your hands free : start and stop playback with your feet!
- There is extensive and readable help accessible from within the program.
- The "spectrum" feature displays the strength of the various pitches in any chord or note you select, in the form of a graph - a wavy line over a piano keyboard graphic. The height of the various peaks in the graph indicate the strength of the note above which the peak appears
- Transcribe! offers various audio processing effects (Slowdown, Pitch Change, EQ filtering etc) intended to help with transcribing. These effects all run in "real time" unless your machine is old and slow. This means there is no pre-processing or other waiting, the processing is performed on-the-fly while playing and you can instantly hear the effect of changes to EQ etc. For instance if you press the half-speed button while playing then playback simply continues, at half speed