Developer website: Model Science Software
ChemLab originated from academic work in computer simulation and software design at McMaster University. It has continued to be developed with extensive input from educators interested in the possible application of computer simulations for classroom and distance learning.
Model ChemLab is a unique product incorporating both an interactive simulation and a lab notebook workspace with separate areas for theory, procedures and student observations. Commonly used lab equipment and procedures are used to simulate the steps involved in performing an experiment. Users step-through the actual lab procedure while interacting with animated equipment in a way that is similar to the real lab experience.
ChemLab comes with a range of pre-designed lab experiments for general chemistry at the high school and college level. Users can expand upon the original lab set using ChemLab's LabWizard development tools, thus allowing for curriculum specific lab simulation development by educators. These user designed simulations combine both text based instructions and the simulation into a single distributable file.
- Signed application and package installer.
- Changed to copy command from the graph window to paste PDF to clipboard.
- Added Paper Chromatography set-up.
- Added Paper Chromatography Lab experiment.
- Opening ChemLab ".lab" files for Windows is now supported.
- 3rd party UDL files can now be read from the /Library/Application Support/ChemLab/ folder.
- File Open will now copy UDL files to "/Library/Application Support/ChemLab/" folder.
- Added menu "New Lab Window" to Application doc.
- Clicking on ChemLab Icon in Doc will now open a new Lab window.
- Fixed the measurement Label in Chemical Dialog box (Mass for solid, Volume for liquid, etc…)
- Ported to Intel platform.
- OS X 10.5 or later