GRASS GIS, commonly referred to as GRASS (Geographic Resources Analysis Support System), is a Geographic Information System (GIS) used for geospatial data management and analysis, image processing, graphics/maps production, spatial modeling, and visualization. GRASS is currently used in academic and commercial settings around the world, as well as by many governmental agencies and environmental consulting companies.
- Assistance for topologically unclean vector data
- Major speedup for some vector modules
- Fixes in the vector network modules
- Fixes for the wxPython based portable graphical interface
- New modules have been added for processing LANDSAT and MODIS satellite data
- New vector statistics module
- Many new symbols and north arrows