I would like to use this theme, as I'm quite partial toward the old OS8-9 look, but some things kind of distract me. I'm not sure how accurate you wanted it to be. If you don't include these requests in Gershwix, perhaps you'd consider putting them into a different theme, intended to be as close to the Classic OS 9 look as possible? I hope so:
- Make the buttons depress when clicked. Right now, they turn a dark shade of grey, but the don't provide a 3D visual clue that they have been pressed inward. The titlebar buttons do what I'm talking about -- they're great. If the regular window buttons did this, it would be more consistent.
- Make the tabs press inward. Once again, it's about consistency. If something 3D is clicked, make it inset.
- Buttons that are toggled (the normally circular shaped ones, in Aqua) don't show any sign that they are 'on' or 'off'. If they're on, perhaps inset them, also?
- When a combo or dropdown box is clicked, make it inset.
- Radio buttons don't really inset, either. :(
- Checkboxes. The actual black checkmark seems a bit off with the angles it's using. ie: the longer stroke of the checkmark should be at a different angle than the shorter piece -- less of a 45 degree angle, and more of a 60 degree angle?
- The small "working" flower-like indicator looks pretty much like the default aqua one. I remember in OS9 it was more like.. two arrows chasing each other in a circular path. Can you do this instead? :)
- Certain objects have a very thick 3D edge, which is nice, like push buttons and tab buttons. You know, the double-pixeled hilite, and double-thick shadow part. But other interface objects have only a single-pixel 3D style. The progress bars have this single pixel style. Can you make it more consistent with thep push buttons, the double-pixel inset? If you zoomed in on an OS9 progress bar, you'd see it's more 3D.. more inset.
- The same thing with scrollbars. They're using a single-pixel 3D style... not like the push buttons, with their more OS9-ish double-pixel 3D style. Thicken them up and it would look great, it would look more consistent and true to the OS9 look.
- Vertical and Horizontal splitters/grippers. Zooming in, I see they're just a pair of grey lines with nothing to give them depth. Can you add a complimentary white line, offset up and to the left by one pixel? it would Give it a kind of ridged, outset feel.
There is a LOT I love about Gershwix, and I don't want you to think I'm cutting it up or attacking it. I'm one of those guys that likes OS9's look, but prefers OS X's newer technology. If my requests would deviate too far from your vision of what Gershwix should be, I formally request you to make a new theme... that mimics the OS9 interface as closely as possible.
I wanted to email you, but I couldn't find an address here or on your Gershwix website.
You can email me with loupy at ciaccess dot com. I'm really looking forward to hearing from you.