Developer website: Matt Gallagher
Developer Note: Magic Number Machine is no longer in active development. The program still works as advertised and I do occasionally release bug fixes, but I will not be adding further features.
Magic Number Machineis a free, full-featured, graphically laid out, high-precision, scientific calculator for OS X 10.6 or later. It's ideal if you need to enter large expressions or have accurate precision. "Data" drawers allow an easy way to generate statistical data, linear regression, and gaussian elimination. The extensive support of complex numbers and hexadecimal numbers is also a significant benefit for anyone who has to work with this type of data.
- 25 accurate digits of precision
- Complex numbers
- Hexdecimal, octal, binary, decimal, and 2's complement display
- Floating-point numbers, even in non-decimal radices
- A full expression history (go back to anything)
- A graphical display that you can click on to change the entry point
- Value memory limited only by computer memory
- Statistics functions
- Linear regression
- Matrix functions including gaussian elimination, inversion, and determinants
- Large number of scientific constants built-in
- Built using Xcode 8 and code signed
- OS X 10.6 or later