Charles is a web proxy (HTTP Proxy / HTTP Monitor) that runs on your own computer. Your web browser (or any other Internet application) is then configured to access the Internet through Charles, and Charles is then able to record and display for you all of the data that is sent and received.
- SSL proxying: view SSL requests and responses in plain text
- Bandwidth throttling to simulate slower Internet connections including latency
- AJAX debugging : view XML and JSON requests and responses as a tree or as text
- AMF: view the contents of Flash Remoting / Flex Remoting
Note: Version 4 is a paid upgrade from previous versions. Upgrade information can be found here.
- Fix display of local IP address in Help menu
- Fix negotation with external proxies for authenticated SSL connections
- Fix occassional hang on macOS
- OS X 10.7 or later