is a utility that helps to slim down your iPhoto library by manipulating your photos in the following ways:
- eliminate duplicate photos created internally by iPhoto or imported by yourself
- remove iPhoto's backups of rotated or modified photos
- strip the thumbnail icons of your photos
- remove thumbnail photos that have become mixed up with your high resolution photos
- identify photos which have not been added to albums
- weed out unnecessary folders and files from the library
These operations allow you to recover hard drive space and to fit more photos in your iPhoto library bound for CD or DVD burning. iPhoto Diet supports multiple iPhoto libraries, and provides basic library management features such as switching and launching libraries. In addition, iPhoto Diet can be run manually or configured to start scanning your libraries automatically at desired times.