This release features an updated interface and some powerful new options. Searching tags and comments have been added, as well as the ability to search more than one scope at a time, e.g., Name and Tags. Wildcards and Booleans are now supported in filename and contents-based searches, as well as support for some regular expressions. Columns have been added for Comments, Info, and Tags, accessible in a new Columns menu. Updates have been made to sorting, deleting, and viewing the results with QuickLook. EasyFind is also a fully 64-bit, notarized application, compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina and dark mode, using modern frameworks for better performance and reliability.
Note: Starting with this release EasyFind now requires a minimum of OS X Yosemite.
- Added a Regular Expressions option including highlighting of found occurrences in filenames.
- EasyFind now supports searching: Name, Contents, Tags, or Comments of files/folders. These can even be combined in a single search.
- Added new optional columns: Comments, Info, and Tags. The Info column displays the version of applications or bundles, the size of images, the size or duration of movies, or the page count of PDF documents.
- Added a Columns menu for easier access to columns and the possibility of assigning shortcut keys in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts.
- Added iCloud Drive to the Location popup.
- Added support for macOS Services in the search results.
- Reorganized and refined the user interface.
- Renamed the option "Unix Wildcards" to Wildcards. Also, the Wildcards and Boolean+Wildcards option can now be used in both filename and contents-based searches.
- The Kind column is now resizable and identical to the Finder.
- Sorting now uses system-wide settings and should be more consistent with the behavior of other applications. Results can also be sorted by Comments and Info.
- The Created column is now hidden by default.
- Renamed the menu command "Add to DEVONthink Pro" to Add to DEVONthink and toolbar item to DEVONthink.
- Renamed the toolbar item "Delete" to Move to Trash and the command "File > Destroy" to File > Delete immediately.
- If selected items can't be moved to the trash, an alert is displayed asking whether the items should be deleted immediately.
- After deleting or trashing an item, the next item in the results is automatically selected.
- Toolbar icons have been updated and are Retina-compatible.
- Improved support for Asian languages.
- Improved performance and reliability, including faster searching.
- Karelia's LetsMove framework is used to install EasyFind in the Applications folder on demand when the application is launched from another location.
- Fixed an issue where EasyFind > Check For Updates didn't work.
- Fixed an issue where Help > Contact didn't use the default email application.
- Fixed an issue where symbolic links were not ignored in contents-based searches, sometimes leading to slower searches and extra results.
- Fixed an issue where the up and down arrow keys could not be used to navigate the results when the Quick Look panel was open or the search field had the focus.
- Fixed an issue with drag and drop not working properly.
- Fixed issues with multi-threading.
- Fixed issues when handling file aliases.