Notational Velocity is an application that stores and retrieves notes.
In Notational Velocity, the same area is used both for creating notes and searching. I.e., in the process of entering the title for a new note, related notes appear below, letting users file information there if they choose. Likewise, if a search reveals nothing, one need simply press return to create a note with the appropriate title.
Its unique advantages are as follows:
- Modeless Operation - Searching for notes is not a separate action; rather, it is the primary interface. -
- Incremental Search - Searching encompasses all notes' content and occurs instantly with each key pressed. -
- Transparent Encryption - All information is compressed and encrypted (enabled optionally) before it is recorded to disk. -
- Mouseless Interaction - Notational Velocity's window was designed for keyboard input above all else, and thus has no buttons. -
- Data Instead of Documents - There is no manual "saving" in Notational Velocity; all modifications take effect immediately.
- Complete External Access - Synchronize natively with Simplenote, or via files in Dropbox with PlainText, Elements, iA Writer, and other iOS apps.