Developer website: Coolatoola.com
DV Backup allows you to use your digital camcorder to backup hard disk data. Just select the archive (made by e.g. Stuffit, Disk Copy etc) and DV Backup does the rest. Capacity is 5GB per hour of DV tape (10GB if no error recovery is needed). Note - also works with Digital8 camcorders. Compatible with PAL and NTSC devices.
- backup, restore, verify with up to 10GB storage per hour of tape (15GB for LP mode), with the capability to backup over unlimited multiple tapes
- option of incremental and compressed backups
- full table-of-contents listing for each tape including user comments
- unattended scheduled backups feature
- automatic remote control of the camera including tape positioning
- 8 levels of error protection/recovery, from none through to full duplication
- file/folder archive during backup, de-archive during restore
- PAL and NTSC, DV, Digital8 and DVCAM devices supported
- drag-and-drop functionality
- support for restoring backups made by DV Backup 0.2
- support added for OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- fix stopping the camcorder watchdog terminating the program prematurely.
- the "orphaned drawer" problem remains.
- OS X 10.3 or later
- FireWire port
- A compatible DV, Digital8, or DVCAM camcorder or deck, which supports both DV-in and DV-out