iLife 04 is great, especially for the designer who needs to use it every day of the week, I work almost everyday with all the applications in iLife, but I found a couple of minor things that still needs to be perfected by apple: using iPhoto is great to quickly get your images off your digital camera and print them out with out any hassles, but sometimes iPhoto don't like all kinds of cameras like the Canon SD100 sometimes don't want to work with iPhoto and let it quit unexpectedly! The only solution I found is to use a media card reader, they work great!
iTunes is great like always, only problem I found is that iTunes can't always find the information on songs when you insert an audio disk.
Garageband is awsome and very addictive and great for when you don't have much work to do.
iMovie is also great for making a really cool presentation or screensaver, just the export fucntion that needs to be looked at, cause it's doesn't export properly sometimes.
iDVD is also very cool, exept for the fact that you need a internal DVD writer to burn your project to disk and that it gives alot of write errors and in effect cost you alot of money, but I find the iDVD from iLife is much better and stable from the previous version that comes with OSX! I've tried all the tricks and solutions everyone has tried, to burn a disk without a superdrive on my G4 to a external DVD writer, but none seem to work. But this far works without a problem on my G5 with the built in superdrive. Although some people do have problems with the G5 and iDVD, here is a solution I found on a discussion board:
1. Delete iDVD from you hard drive.
2. Open users folder, open your folder, open library, open preferences
3. Delete the file com.apple.idvd.plist
4. Insert you original system disc that came with your G5
5. Double click install Applications & Classic Support
6. Click through and install on your Main Hard Drive.
This will install Software Restore on you hard drive.
7. You can skip steps 4 - 6 if you already have Software Restore in your
Utilities Folder under Applications.
8. If you used the disc method the Restore window will automatically open up after the install. If you didn't use the disc method then double click the Software Restore application in your Utilities folder.
9. Hit Continue when the Apple appears in the window.
10. You will now have to have your system disc that came with the computer in your disc tray to go any further. So if you don't have it in the drive put it in now.
11. Unclick Restore All.
12. WHAT IS THIS iDVD?? YOU MEAN YOU DID'NT HAVE TO BUY iLIFE IT WAS THERE ALL THE TIME!! That's right iDVD does not install with iTunes, iMovie or iPhoto, you have to install iDVD all by itself!! But you Don't Need iLife. Infact iLife's version on iDVD won't work with your G5!!
13. Check iDVD and click install.
14. Open iDVD and your project that you couldn't burn.
15. Click Burn!
16. Watch in amazement as you make your first dvd with no problems what so ever!!
Another thing that apple needs to resolve is that your finished DVD created in iDVD doesn't always work in all types of DVD players, I found that they always play in really cheap DVD players but not so often in the average very expensive DVD player!