Developer website: Black Cat Systems
SoundByte is a computerized cart machine for the Mac. It is very similar to the so-called cart machines used at radio stations in the past. Each recording - a jingle, advertisement, etc, was on a cartridge, which could be quickly selected and played.
Sound Byte brings the cart machine to the computer age. You can assign select up to 75 recordings per rack, and assign each to a button. Clicking on a button plays that recording. Multiple recordings can be played at the same time.
The quoted price is that of SoundByte. Three versions are available:
- Sound Byte Lite supports a single rack of carts, or up to 75 recordings total. The registration fee is only $39.
- Sound Byte supports five racks of carts, or up to 375 recordings total. The registration fee is only $79.
- Sound Byte Pro supports fifty racks of carts, or up to 3750 recordings total. The registration fee is only $149.
- Added the ability to change the racks menu order (Organize Racks)
- [Bug fix] The menu would disappear after archiving/unarchiving racks under Windows
- OS X 10.6 or later