Developer website: Xbench
Xbench was developed in response to the lack of convenient benchmarking tools on Mac OS X. It provides a range of useful tests, and is constantly being improved to offer accurate results that can be compared between different Macs.
- Corrected a mistake that caused the altivec test to be turned off on PowerPC machines
- Turned off coalesced graphics updates for all platforms on Mac OS 10.4.4 and higher
- Switched compiler to GCC 4.0 on PowerPC. This provides some boost to floating point and AltiVec scores, and these have been recalibrated accordingly. This also raises Xbench's system requirements to 10.3.9 or higher.
- Revised machine database to include the MacBook, Intel iMac and several other models
- Added code to dynamically load machine database on launch from the Xbench website
- Added support for temporarily turning off beam sync on Tiger while running graphics tests
- Fixed an issue that causes Xbench to fail to launch on Leopard
- Built with Xcode 2.4
Mac OS X 10.3 or later