Electrum is an easy-to-use Bitcoin client. It protects you from losing coins in a backup mistake or computer failure, because your wallet can be recovered from a secret phrase that you can write on paper or learn by heart. There is no waiting time when you start the client, because it does not download the Bitcoin block chain.
- Instant on: Your client does not download the blockchain, it uses a remote server.
- Forgiving: Your wallet can be recovered from a secret seed.
- Safe: Your seed or private keys are not sent to the server. Information received from the server is more...
- Electrum servers were upgraded to version 0.9. The new server stores a Patrica tree of all UTXOs, an idea proposed by Alan Reiner in the bitcointalk forum. This property allows the client to directly request the balance of any address. The new commands are:
- getaddressbalance <address>
- getaddressunspent <address>
- getutxoaddress <txid> more...
RequirementsOS X 10.7 or later
Similar SoftwareOpen Comparison
Suggest Other Similar Software