Based on Webkit (the core of the Safari Chrome browsers), instead of unloading browsed pages as you navigate, Lightning Web Browser stores a buffer of many WebBrowser objects in memory. This allows you to return to a previously viewed page instantaneously without having to wait for it to reload. This simple optimisation makes a huge difference to your browsing experience.
URL's (starting with http://) or search items can be entered into the search field. For search terms, select the stite you wish to search on the popup more...
- Recent history is now fully searchable from the address bar.
- A high visibility reader forming a highspeed alternative to all that site "chrome".
- A site analyser showing all web traffic which can be used to block tracking sites.
- A site watcher notifying you when any web site/blog you select has changed.
- An automatic, realtime RSS more...