HoudahGeo is a one-stop photo geocoding and geotagging solution for OS X. HoudahGeo writes EXIF, XMP and IPTC geotags to JPEG, RAW, and XMP sidecar files. Just like a GPS-enabled camera, HoudahGeo records latitude, longitude, and altitude information right to your image data file. Don't have a GPS device? No problem! Just drop a pin on the map where you took your photo and HoudahGeo will tag it with the correct location.
Geotagging with HoudahGeo follows an easy 3-step workflow: load, process, then output.
- Start by loading photos into a HoudahGeo project. Optionally add GPS track logs
- Use the more...
Note: Now requires OS X 10.10 or later
- Places - Quickly assign photos to favorite places and apply coordinates and location names
- Drag-and-drop geocoding - Drag images to the map and drop them at the location were they were taken
- Reverse geocoding - Location name lookup now offers a choice of languages
- Camera import - Download photos more...
- OS X 10.10 or later; tested with OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- A digital camera: point-and-shoot, DSLR, camera phone, etc.
- Optional: GPS track logger
- Optional: iPhone or other GPS-enabled camera