The goal of BioX is to bring easy-to-use sequence analysis to Mac-using biologists. It features graphical editors for sequences and multiple alignments, and supports opening and saving of many different sequence file formats. Analysis functions currently include searching for primers, restriction sites and repeats, calculating DNA melting temperature, translation and back translation, multiple alignment and more. Please note that this is a beta release.
BioX takes advantage of the Unix underpinnings of Mac OS X by using command line sequence analysis tools from the eBiotools package (which contains software from the EMBOSS project, more...
- [New] BioX is now a Universal Binary.
- [New] Can create all-against-all dot plots showing similarity between sequences.
- [New] Better overview when searching for restriction sites.
- [New] Pattern search in sequences.
- [New] Shows possible feature names in feature table editor.
- [New] Includes Read Me, Release Notes, FAQ and home page links in Help menu.
- [Changed] Changed more...