Displays the Word of the Day from your choice of nine different word-related websites including Merriam-Webster and Dictionary.com. Click the widget to expand and reveal the definition. Specify the word source on the back of the widget. You can even keep multiple copies of this widget on your Dashboard, each with a different word source. The selected source is shown at the bottom of the front of the widget as a link to the corresponding Web page. When the Wordsmith.Org source is used, the word can be spoken aloud by clicking the audio icon that appears next to the word.
Available Sources: Merriam-Webster, Dictionary.com, more...
- Now offers 9 different word sources (selected on back of widget)
- Added Merriam-Webster word source
- Hear the word spoken aloud (available for the Wordsmith.Org source only)
- Updated user interface
- Fixed a bug that caused the Wordsmith.Org source to display incorrectly
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later*Previously available here