A really good alternative to Quicklook for those who need to stay Tiger.
Trick: put it in the window toolbar, so it doesn't have to run all the time, if you don't use it permanently.
(and compared to the price of Leopard, no competition! ;-D)
I use Quick Look. ^_^
Being at the Leopard premier and standing in line outside the store for two hours was one of the BEST THINGS I'VE EVER DONE.
Works great under Tiger![PPC] Saves me quite a bit of time when sorting thru image files.Great little app for us older mac users.
Leopard makes this obsolete.
Yes ITTY... and if you don't have Leopard? What then?
Please, think before posting a comment like that... I don't have Leopard. And I cannot install it on my G4 450Mhz.
great app. really easy to use, nice functionality. And the developer added a trash button. makes sorting through porn so much easier!
Very nice functionality, but it's got some serious problems:
1. After you've viewed a file with MilkyWay, you can't delete it unless you either use a SUDO deletion process, use TrashIt, logout or restart. Apparently MilkyWay doesn't properly release a file after displaying it.
2. There's no way to control the file types MilkyWay displays; it seems to show anything that QuickTime is capable of. I definitely don't want to view PDFs with MilkyWay, for example, but there's no way to stop it.
Also, it would be very handy to have an option to not display a file when you click on it. For example: Command-Click to view, or Command-click to just touch the file without viewing it.
Good start to a nice thought, though!
I too truly like this app, but I've just discovered a little problem: if you try to empty the trash containing an image previewed with MilkyWay, the finder refuses to do this saying there is a file in use. It's a little thing if the file is on the main HD, but not if the file is on an external HD you want to unmount. In this case you must first close MilkyWay, then empty the trash, expell the HD and reopen MilkyWay.
This not to criticize, but only to offer a solution to the weird problem.
simply amazing.... also better with a shorcut!
Users of this app might compare it with
QuickImageCM, a very useful 2D viewer. Free and available on MacUpdate.
As a CM it operates in background, right mouse click brings popup screen to launch viewer on selected image files.
For example, it handles:
1. multiple pdf files, showing 1st page of each. Highlight all or only the files you want to review.
2. can save image files in different formats. I use jpeg to psd frequently
3. has basic image handling and image effects, keyboard shortcuts (eg trash)
Not only is Milky Way a fast and easy way to review Your photos, but when You click on a multi-page pdf file, it shows the first page of this file in its window, thereby enabling fast recognition of what the pdf is about.
Just try this on a folder with 100+ pdf files with cryptic names...
Nice work...and free!!!
Learn how MacUpdate Desktop can install apps on MacUpdate with the simple click of the icon. Plus, keep all your apps updated. Play video...
Discover New Mac Apps. Save money with MacUpdate Promo & keep your Mac software secure and up-to-date with MacUpdate Desktop.