DesktopSweeper is a freeware APE Module (the equivalent of Unsanity's Haxies) that provides ways to control whether or not Desktop icons are displayed. This can be done with a configurable hotkey, or automatically, when the Finder comes to the front and/or leaves it.
DesktopSweeper doesn't work by covering the Desktop so your desktop background is not affected at all, even if you use an application that displays animated (or screensaver'ed) backgrounds. .
- Universal Binary (runs on both PPC and Intel based Macs).
- Added ways to enable separately Display and Hide automatically.
- Added an option to prevent the Finder to come to the front when clicking on the Desktop while icons are hidden.
- Reworded most tooltips in the prefs pane.
- Fixed a bug where the hidden state could get reversed for icons that were more...
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later, Unsanity Application Enhancer 2.0 (provided)*Previously available here