Pixen is a pixel art editor designed for working with low-resolution raster art, such as those 8-bit sprites found in old-school video games. With innovative features like a unique color palette system, patterns, layers, and high-zoom support, Pixen packs all the tools pixel artists need in an intuitive, Mac-native interface. Pixen also makes creating frame-by-frame animations fun and easy.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.10 or later
- Refreshed interface for OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Animated PNGs can now be imported as animations
- Added two filters: "Invert Colors" and "1 bit"
- Multiple animation frames can now be copied and pasted
- Layers can now be shown/hidden with a menu item and keyboard shortcut
- Significant more...
- OS X 10.10 or later