FWB SMART Toolkit uses a feature called Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology built into most modern ATA hard drives to monitor your drives and alert you before the drives starting to fail. This allows you to immediately backup your critical data before your data is lost to a hard drive failure.
With S.M.A.R.T. built-in, hard drives incorporate a suite of advanced diagnostics that monitor the internal operations of a drive. FWB SMARTToolkit uses this to monitor the internal performance of the motors, media, heads, and the overall reliability of the drive.
Version 1.2 adds the following:
- Added option to allow sending of email messages in plain text (for older email clients).
- Added new graphics to show drive status in the OSX dock.
- Fixed a registration problem that showed users as not registered if a user name was not entered.
- Fixed a problem in OSX 10.2 that caused finder label colors to be shown in the icon display.
- PowerPC G3+, Mac OS X 10.1 or later*Previously available here