Informant is one of the most powerful all-access platforms which integrates calendaring tasks and notes management together as full-fledged citizens. No need to buy separate apps for your time management - Informant handles it all! Use templates or Quick Entry to create new events and tasks quickly. Watch as we bring all the advanced features of our mobile app - Pocket Informant - to the desktop.
It's designed to take full advantage of macOS. We didn’t just port Pocket Informant's mobile interface, but started with a fresh, new design born of months of sketching, prototyping, and real-world use. The tabbed interface gives you the ability to have your calendar customized -- not just in one window of the app -- but for each tab. No other calendar app gives you this kind of power on the desktop. Our focus has been on designing a planner that brings your agenda and todo/task list together visually and organizationally. Informant has been at the forefront of the digital-calendar revolution, and we will continue to forge new roads in the next year. See how Informant on iOS, Android, and now macOS will revolutionize how you plan your life.
- Rich Text Notes - Synchronize with Informant Sync, Toodledo, and Evernote. Our Rich Text Notes editor lets you record audio notes and style rich text notes to your hearts content. Note: We do not sync with Apple Notes as Apple does not yet offer any integration points for Apple Notes
- Tabbed Interface with Search - Our tabbed interface lets you work with as many tabs as you wish, with each tab showing your choice of calendar view or tasks view. Search any event, task, or note from the top right with the search field. Search options allow you to narrow or widen your search to only show what you need. Elegant and powerful.
- Task Smart Filters - Smart Filters are a powerful innovation unique to Informant. They let you create your own filters for tasks with a powerful rule editor - similar to how Apple Mail filters work. You can create filters for tasks in a specific project with a status or specific importance. Whatever you are looking for - our Smart Filters can help you organize your tasks!
- Informant Today Menu - Tap on the Informant icon in the menu bar to quickly bring up a "Focus View" and see what’s happening at a glance. Pick any date you want to display, and enter new events or tasks using the Quick Entry line. Setup a hotkey to bring up our Natural Language Entry-based Quick Entry screen and create new events or tasks as quickly as you can type them. Drag the popover and it detaches into a calendar window you can have running all the time.
- GTD® Tasks - You can trust Informant with all your daily tasks. With Quick Entry, adding tasks is a snap. Filter, group, tag, and categorize your tasks however you like. Includes full support for projects, contexts, subtasks, checklists and multi-level subtasks.
- Customizable - Informant has always been known to be a powerhouse due to its customizability. We give you plenty of options to affect the appearance of your events, tasks, and notes so you can show as little or as much information as you like. Use colors or icons to better identify types of events, tasks, and notes; setup default alarms or default due/start dates - we have designed an easy to use and understand set of customization options to let you tweak everything to your heart’s desire.
- Drag and Drop - Drag and drop events and tasks to any date on our side-bar mini-month or in the calendar views; events to new calendars; tasks between groups or to a new project/tag/context; and more!
- Templates - Templates let you quickly create an event or task. For example create a Soccer template with a preset title, icon, time, calendar, and tag.
- Powerful Projects - Set Projects with with a default sync account, templates, due date, and three different project types: Parallel, Sequential, or Single Action.
- Quick Entry - Assign shortcuts to Quick Entry and quickly create new events or tasks using your natural language entry - or create new Notes at any time.
- QuickLook Summary - Gives you direct access to phone numbers, addresses, and links to access macOS’s native Maps, Contacts, and Safari viewers.
- Colors and Icons - Color your calendar days to indicate days without using an event. Assign a specific color or icon to an event, task, or note to make it stand out or indicate something special.
- Syncs with... - ...Informant Sync, Google Calendar/Tasks, Toodledo, and Evernote. Access your Mac’s built-in Calendar and Reminders for perfect integration.