Express Scribe Transcription Software is a professional audio player software for Mac OS X designed to assist with the transcription of audio recordings. Install Express Scribe for OS X and control audio playback using a transcription foot pedal or keyboard with "hot keys". This transcripton software also includes important features for typists including variable speed playback, multi-channel control, playing video, file management, and much more.
Express Scribe Features
- Variable speed playback (constant pitch)
- Supports audio and video* playback (*Pro)
- Plays most formats including encrypted dictation files.
- Supports professional USB foot pedals to control playback.
- Uses 'hotkeys' to control playback when transcribing into other software (e.g., Word)
- Dock both analog and digital portable voice recorders to load recordings
- Works with all major word-processors
- Automatically receives and loads files by internet (FTP), email or over a local computer network
- Automatically sends typing to those who dictated the work