iStat Menus Family Pack (...
Offer ends soon!
See more special offers
Create new account...
Already have an account?
Sign in now...
Create new account
Smile Score: +2
I am a Free member
Last Visit: Today
Member Since: 04 Dec 2012
Profile Views: 189
iStat Menus 4.20
Sam Goody's Posts
Average Rating from Sam:
on 12 Nov 2013
Looks like a experiment that was abandoned halfway.
Color coding is inaccurate or missing.
- Always overwrites selection (2 lines selected - tab deletes them. Word selected - quotes will overwrite it.)
- No shortcuts (ctrl+d to duplicate line?).
- Extremely weak find bar.
- No bookmarks/etc - features that have become expected.
- Rigid auto-complete (will add two sets of quotes, even when at beginning of word, etc.)
- This is just from half hour of use, but don't see it long lasting.
Perhaps good for opening certain types of config files that don't need color coding?
Maybe will start fleshing out, but at the moment these alternatives are better:
TextAdept, Eddie, Kod & Tincta are free, super quick and more powerful.
JEdit is free and much more powerful, but slower.
MacVim is quick but is, well, vim.
TextMate and SublimeText are considered best-in-class, but they are heavy. TM is only free if you compile on your own, ST has a nag screen.
There are currently no troubleshooting comments by this member.
MacUpdate Member account
to use this feature
Home & Personal
Multimedia & Design
MacUpdate Desktop 5