Offer ends soon!
See more special offers
Create new account...
Already have an account?
Sign in now...
Create new account
Smile Score: +1
I am a MacUpdate Desktop user
Last Visit: Today
Member Since: 28 Jan 2013
Profile Views: 1,303
SEO SpyGlass 5.12.6
Ed Rush's Posts
Average Rating from Ed:
on 21 Nov 2013
LiteLable does not run under Mac OS 10.8 or later.
on 02 Aug 2013
My only problem with Chrome now has to do with AppleScripting for it.
on 29 Mar 2012
Semulov makes it easy to disengage my partitioned external drive in one swell foop. My only complaint is that on a few occasions, after I have used it to eject everything, it has crashed. Not a big problem, since I've often had to reboot anyway before the next time I need it.
Carbon Copy Cloner
on 29 Mar 2012
on 02 Jul 2011
I've just upgraded to Snow Leopard (10.6.8), and my longtime cron settings aren't working anymore. Looking for an answer, I found this somewhere: "cron has been replaced by launchd since 10.4." Does that mean cron (and by extension CronniX) is now obsolete with the new OS version? If so, is there an app that works likewise with launchd?
on 15 Nov 2010
After years of enjoying Yum, I made the sad mistake of "upgrading" to Yum version 4.0.2.
1. The user interface is completely new, and I'm already tired of seeing the repeated drawing of the chef's toque and red pepper, over and over again. The previous, list-style interface is more compact and makes it easier to find recipes. Under the ubiquitious toque-and-pepper icon, only a small portion of the menu title is visible, making it hard to tell which is which, even among the relatively few that I can see at one time.
2. When I try to add a new recipe, I cannot paste a list of ingredients as before.
3. When I select one category, then click on the toque-and-pepper icon for some recipe, I see "Category: Unknown".
4. When I open an existing recipe, I see that all the paragraphs are numbered, which is pretty silly for those that are not cooking steps.
5. Everything is in a harder-to-read gray font -- with serifs, no less, making it even harder to read on-screen.
I sent these objections to the developer, with examples, and his response was prompt, polite, and helpful. Then I reverted to Yum 3.2.2. If you are not already a Yum user, I do recommend buying version 3, if you can.
on 02 Aug 2013
I just moved "up" to Mountain Lion (OS 10.8) and so I can no longer run Yum 3, and now I find that there is no new Yum. Does anyone here have a suggestion to replace it, and an easy way to move my Yum recipes to it?
on 01 Jun 2010
I have enjoyed having Currency Converter for quite a while now. But I'm reluctant to install the latest version, called Convertitore Valute. If the developer failed to convert his Italian name into English, what else did he forget?
on 19 Jan 2010
First, my apology to BKLAUSMEYER. I thought the smile/frown thing was for the product, not your comment.
Second, when I tried to download the BIdNobble product just now, I got "Not Found." Apparently, it is kaput and should be removed from MacUpdate.
Air America Radio Player
on 10 Oct 2012
The download link tries to go to ftp://thinkipm.com/pub/AirAmerica.dmg , but that just gets me a "You don't have permission ..." message on Safari.
MacUpdate Member account
to use this feature
Home & Personal
Multimedia & Design
MacUpdate Desktop 5