Whether you’re a small business owner, a student on a budget or just someone who wants to be responsible with their money, a good little finance software app can improve your money flow management, a critical task for both personal and business life.
Luckily, today, there are dozens of finance software solutions for Mac out there. We will take a peek at 10 applications that we believe can make a difference in money management activities. So, let’s have a look.
Banktivity (was iBank) is a great money management app for Mac. With its intuitive user interface and a full array of money-management features, Banktivity lets you enter and edit your transactions with ease, pay bills online and on time, download your online account data, reconcile your statements, and track your investments with versatile and robust tools. Split, schedule and categorize all of your transactions with ease.
SEE Finance lets you take total control and manage all of your financial accounts in a single place. Track all of your financial accounts: banking, credit cards, investments, and so on. Check customizable reports to keep your spending on target. Track and monitor your individual investments and your investment portfolio as a whole. In this app, there are more than 150 currencies available. Unlike similar apps, there's no forcing you to upload your personal data to a service outside of your control in order to gain access. iCloud Drive lets you access your files from numerous devices, keeps them secure, and best of all, under your control.
Debit & Credit is a handy finance app that is designed with simplicity and convenience in mind. Generate accurate reports and get a clear understanding of what is happening with your financial position and what you need to do to improve it. You can make an unlimited number of transactions on a day to day basis in the free version of the app. However, to store more than two accounts in the app, you will need to acquire the Premium version via an in-app purchase.
Money presents a powerful, comprehensive, and intuitive platform, designed to help you control your financial life. Due to its straightforward and stylish interface, you can easily check your account balances, track investments, keep budgets, and manage your bank accounts, credit cards, loans, assets, and cash. This app also lets you create separate accounts for your bank accounts, cash, credit cards, investments, assets, and loans. Moreover, it enables you to connect directly with hundreds of financial institutions via the internet and update your accounts automatically. Set your target revenues and expenses for each month and, compare your targets with the actual outcome through the Budget Monitor bars. There are 13 types of reports, most notably, Spending by Category and Net Worth.
Moneyspire is another great personal finance software solution that helps you keep track of your bank accounts, credit cards, and see all your account balances in one place. The app comes with a vast array of options. Categorize your spending and income, set a budget for all your expenses and keep track of your progress. Set bill reminders and see all your upcoming payments. Make your tax time more comfortable and less stressful; never forget to pay a bill again. Forecast your future account balances to help prevent insufficient funds. Generate detailed reports and charts and see exactly where your money is going.
6. Moneydance is a feature-packed financial management app that comes with a list of handy options, including the following: online banking and bill payment, investment management, budget tracking, scheduled transactions, accurate reports, and more. Set realistic spending limits and learn how to plan and save.
7. MoneyWiz simplifies your financial life by keeping all accounts, budgets and bills in one place. This robust finance app for Mac comes with powerful reports capabilities and instant syncing between all your devices. Set up budgets and MoneyWiz will automatically monitor your transactions and record them in the right budget. Protect your data with the auto-wipe after 10 incorrect PIN setup function for maximum security. Coming from another software? MoneyWiz can import it! Be it a CSV, QIF, OFX, QFX or MT940 file, MoneyWiz can handle it all. Connect multiple devices with SYNCbits - the cloud sync that does everything automatically - from sync, to conflict resolution. SYNCbits has bank-level security and it’s completely free!
8. iFinance is yet another handy finance app that allows you to keep track of your income and spending from a lunch break coffee to a new car. Clearly arranged transaction lists of all your financial resources from your debit or credit account to cash show you precisely what you spend your money on - it is the first and most crucial step to getting your finances on track. iFinance lets you know how your assets perform. Have it analyze your finances and the available charts and reports will show you instantly what your biggest spending items are and where there's potential for savings. You can also import your data by using one of the following formats; CSV, QIF, OFX, or mt940. You can also retrieve your bank account transactions via OFX direct-connect. Keep iFinance up-to-date on all your devices using iCloud or the enhanced WiFi-Sync feature. Once you establish a WiFi connection, Sync takes all new entries that you have made on your Mac at the office or on your iPhone while you were on-the-go and merges them into a single, up-to-date version. WiFi Sync allows multiple users to manage the same database.
This may become useful, for example, if you are in charge of an association's finances, or if you manage a joint bank account.
9. iCompta is a simple and powerful personal finance management app that helps you track your money down and start saving. It supports a number of different currencies: each account can have its own currency and you can organize transactions by category. Plus, it’s easy to set budgets for your accounts to track your income and expenses on a periodic basis. Sort and filter transactions to make statistics of your revenues and expenses. With this, you can accurately forecast your costs for the upcoming months. Create rules to modify your transactions automatically in order to be more productive. Finally, don’t forget to password encrypt all your sensitive data.
10. Balance is one of the best ways to check all your online bank accounts right from your menu bar. It is a native Mac app and you will certainly enjoy its set of features. Securely sync your account balances and transaction history so they are always available on your Mac. In addition, you can add rules for notifications on transactions and get insights into new and favorite places where you spend.
Want to have a stable record of your finances but don't know how to do it?
As you can see, many great apps can help you keep a smart budget. Which one to choose depends on your preferences and needs. iFinance, for instance, can be handy for a small enterprise because it lets multiple users simultaneously manage the same database. Money is good for both personal and corporate usage because it has the needed functionality for both. Meanwhile, Banktivity is a smart choice for a personal account.
Regardless of the app you have chosen, there are several steps that need to be taken to ensure you have a stable record of your finances. Let’s take a look at them!
Steps to follow to have a stable record of your finances:
Read about the top 10 personal finance software applications for Mac, paying attention to what can be suitable for your needs. Consider which features are important to you and which are not. Find the answers to the following questions:
1) For what purpose do you need a finance app?
2) Do you need to be able to set limits or plan expenses for several months?
3) Are you ready to get a paid app or do you prefer a free one?
4) How many users shall be able to access and manage your finance tracking app at once?
5) Which extra features do you want your finance app to have?
Once you have found answers, there are two steps left:
Choose a practical app for your specific business type. Don’t forget to select the one that has the needed features. Choose iFinance-like apps if you have a small enterprise, or Money if you are looking for a good app for personal and corporate usage. Banktivity would be a smart choice for a personal account. Don’t forget that the possibility to manage your finances on the go is crucial. So, ensure the chosen app gives you this possibility.
Download, install the selected app and get started.
A good finance tracking app can help you manage your finances on the go. Moreover, it not only helps you to set a budget for all your expenses and keep track of your progress but also to plan a week or months in advance and boost savings. Luckily, there are dozens of finance tracking apps that can help you both in work and personal life. MacUpdate has created a list of ten applications that are well worth testing out if you desire a robust application that tracks your spending and helps you start saving effortlessly.
So, what about you, which of the following financial apps have you tried?