Developer website: Terry Teague
Start OpenOffice.org is an application for use with OpenOffice for Mac OS X. Start OpenOffice.org is a double-clickable Mac OS X application that allows the user to easily open documents created by "OpenOffice.org". It also provides an easy way to just launch "OpenOffice.org".
Version 1.0b9 adds the following:
- Fix problem with the "Application.applescript" and "Utility.applescript" scripts being too long to edit with Script Editor - moved some handlers around, removed unused code etc, and created new "ChangeHistory.applescript" file.
- Add support for Mac OS X 10.3.x Fast User Switching feature - each user has a different X11 DISPLAY. Original patches provided by Randolph Brown and others; support added to handle the actual X11 DISPLAY being used at runtime.
- Add Preferences dialog field for the preferred X11 DISPLAY.
- No longer need Direct to PostScript option.
- Add support for handling files with special shell characters and Unicode characters in their filenames. Based on idea by Roger Jolly.
- Add support for checking for updates, using MacPAD.
- Add support for localized MacPAD messages.
- Conditionally support the MacPAD "barber-pole" progress bar at runtime for different versions of Mac OS X.
- Add additional User Defaults, including default "OpenOffice.org" module name.
- No longer set DYLD_LIBRARIES_PATH.
- Check if BSD tools are installed.
- Default "OpenOffice.org" version to "OpenOffice.org" v1.1.x.
- Add support for special handling of "-net" installs and "-net" workstation installs.
- Launch "OpenOffice.org" document (if any), separately, after launching "OpenOffice.org" itself, to work around weird problems when documents have special shell chars in their name.
- Major changes for handling paths and URLs.
- Tidy-up debugging.
- Fix bug with handling fonts dragged to "Start OpenOffice.org" after launch, if "soffice" has never been run (perhaps because of a X Window Server launch error).
- Change Mac OS X 10.1.x hack to be an AppleScript Studio hack for older Mac OS X (< 10.2.3).
- Increase wait time from 5-10 secs to 30 secs and improve checking for "OpenOffice.org" launch, as "OpenOffice.org" v1.1.x "pagein" process can take a long time on a slow machine before the "soffice" process is running.
- Put up "Please Wait..." floating window before time consuming operations; automatically hide the window when choosing a X Window Server or when an error Alert is up.
- Make "isProcessRunning" handler only look at processes for this user; and ignore "zombies".
- Merge French localization resources from Yves de Champlain.
Requirements for the X11 version of "OpenOffice.org" Mac OS X 10.1.2 or newer (tested with 10.1.5, 10.2.3, 10.2.6) X11 X Window system (tested with "XFree86" v4.2.0, v220.127.116.11, v4.3.0) X11 X Window server(tested with "XDarwin" v1.1, v18.104.22.168, v1.2;"OroborOSX" v0.8b2, v0.8.5 "X11" Beta v0.1, v0.2, v0.3) X11 X Window window manager (tested with "windowmaker" v0.62.1X "OroborOSX" v0.8b2, v0.8.5; "quartz-wm" Beta v0.1, v0.2) "dlcompat" compatibility library (tested with v10505X and v20020913-10.2) "freetype" (optional - tested with v1.3.1X - libfreetype v6.2, v6.3) "fondu"(optional - tested with v021223) "ghostscript"(optional - tested with espghostscript-7.05.5) "OpenOffice.org"(tested with v1.0.1 Alpha, v1.0.1 Beta, v1.0.1 Final Beta, v1.0.3) "Start OpenOffice.org"
*Previously available here
*Previously available here