Developer website: Steven Byrd
Have you ever needed a serial number to a program only to find you have lost it? If so, download The Serial Keeper today. The Serial Keeper keeps track of the program names and serial numbers for any program.
- Password protected databases; individual passwords for each database.
- Sounds for each major function.
- Background picture in the main window, giving you a nice landscape for storing serial numbers.
- Help program that explains all the features.
- [New] The Information List (Entries list) now has a disclosure triangle. This expands to show the rows in the Info/Serials List contents.
- [New - OS X Only] Info/Serials sheet -- an OS X sheet window is now available when holding the Option key and selecting an entry. In that sheet you can double click the info and that will bring up the Information Editor.
- [New] Entries can now be exported/imported to/from XML. The XML isn't that greatly implemented and can't import XML from other programs.
- [New] A Hidden Entries list has been added. It's now possible to hide an entry from being shown. This is useful when you have a lot of entries that aren't needed, but you want to save them and not see them. You must unhide the entry in order to edit/view it.
- [New] Open Recent menu added. This is to conform more with Mac OS's HIG.
- [New] Exporting info from the Info/Serials list is now implemented.
- [New] You can now hide the Contact and Shown Info columns in the Entry List. This is controlled in the Database Preferences (Edit Menu).
- [New] A rebuild/compact menu item has been added. This menu item allows for a compacting of the database.
- [Change] Deleting multiple entries at one time is now possible.
- [Change] Opening multiple entries at one time is now possible. That is, if you select multiple entries and click "Edit..." those entries will open.
- [Change] The Info/Serials list now has strips. That is, every other row has a user selectable background color.
- [Change] The Info Editor (New Entry or Edit Entry) windows now stagger on top of each other a little -- this is a basic stagger and may not work properly in some situations.
- [Change] The carbon (OS X) runs as Mach-O now -- which should increase performance. However, this means that the carbon version will no longer run under OS 9. This decision was made because the PPC version worked better then the carbon version under OS 9.
- [Change] Other changes here and there.
- [Fix] Copying entries to other files is possible once again. You do this by dragging/dropping files from and to other files.
- [Fix] Copying Info/Serial rows is possible once again. You do this by dragging/dropping those rows in the Info/Serials List.
- [Fix] Assigning a new Contact in an Entry that was opened during creation of said contact now works.
- [Fix] Info Editor did not have a title.
- [Fix] New or Edit Info Editor gives title to the Entry Editor.
- [Fix] Contact info (snail mail and net address) listbox's contents now line up with each other.
- [Fix] Other bugs here and there.
Mac OS X 10.1 or later