Developer website: Unsanity LLC
Metallifizer will enable or disable brushed metal appearance on selected Cocoa applications under Mac OS X 10.2 (this includes Safari, Address Book, iChat, Calculator and others, but not iTunes and QuickTime Player, as latter are Carbon applications). Features:
- Adds brushed metal appearance to Cocoa applications.
- Removes brushed metal appearance from Cocoa applications.
- Implemented as an Application Enhancer 1.2 module.
- Preliminary support for stripping out brushed metal out of Panther's Finder.
- I have only tested this on Panther, so I have no idea if it works on Jaguar; if you use Jaguar, you best still be using 1.2 as this version offers no advantages suitable for 10.2.
- I suggest adding Finder.app into the settings panel manually. it's in /System/Library/CoreServices/ directory.
- Other Carbon applications will probably not look good at all metallifized.
- The separator bar on the Finder windows will not be metal, but it also will not be cleared and will contain various 'tracks' when you drag it around. I didn't have enough time to find out how to defeat this, but if you're brave and have the abilities, the sources are in the SDK.
- If anything goes wrong, defaults delete com.unsanity.metallifizer