Myster is a file sharing utility. Similar projects include Napster, Hotline and Gnutella. Myster allows you to share your files with others and download files being shared by others on the Myster Network, over the internet. But Myster isn't just any file sharing utility.
The Myster protocol and application have been developed in response to a cry for a peer-to-peer file sharing system which efficiently operates without the need for a central logistics server. By answering that cry, Myster takes the best of features in other file sharing utilities, raising the bar to a new level in distributed file sharing over the Internet.
Some key features of Myster include:
- A completely distributed framework of peers, eliminating any need for a central server
- The ability to search the network without "flooding" it with requests for information.
- Support for multiple types of data, not just MP3s
- A realtime, self-organizing and self-optimizing network
- A user friendly interface