Trash It! is a little application force-empties your Trash. It also supports Drag and Drop. Especially useful if you have files or folders in the Trash with permissions set incorrectly, locked Trash items, want to delete a stuck item, or trash items from other partitions. If you drop files or folders onto the Trash It! icon, it will delete them. If you double-click on it, it will clean out your Trash can. This is the software Apple Tech recommends when all else fails (according to users)!
Trash It! should be used when:
- You can't get rid of trash items manually.
- You can't move items to the trash.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.7 or later
- Much faster drag ’n drop functions, especially with large amounts of files.
- Better utilization of 64-bit architecture.
- Better handling of Time Machine files accidentally dragged to the trash.
- Auto-quit last dialog box after 3 seconds if donation made.
- Other bug fixes and a return to
- OS X 10.7 or later