Developer website: SyncRO Soft
Oxygen is an XML Editor, XSLT/XQuery debugger and profiler with full Unicode support. It supports visual XML editing driven by CSS stylesheets. It offers a powerful code insight that can follow a DTD, Relax NG, or an XML schema, or even can learn the structure from a partially edited document. XML and XSL documents can be easily associated one with the other, and the transformation results can be viewed as text or HTML. Oxygen provides a visual schema editor for W3C XML schema and Relax NG schema designed to simplify the development and understanding of the schema files. Oxygen validates XML, XSL, XQUERY, FO, XSD, RNG, RNC,NRL, DTD, Schematron, WSDL, and CSS content, reporting errors with description and line number information and marking them in the document when Validate as You Type is enabled. It comes with the latest Docbook DTD and stylesheets. Includes the Apache FO processor, being able to generate PDF and PostScript. Other FO processors can be configured as plugins. Oxygen provides a special layout when entering in debugging mode to show the source and the stylesheet documents side-by-side, and to show also the results and special debugging views. Debugging and profiling can be done using the latest versions of Xalan, Saxon 6, or Saxon 8 transformation engines. The output is dynamically presented as it is generated by the transformation process complete with mapping to the source and stylesheet. A complete diff-and-merge solution is also available in Oxygen. It offers both directory and file comparison, 6 file diff algorithms. Oxygen makes easier the document sharing between content authors by including a subversion client. The SVN client allows you to browse repositories, check for changes, commit changes, update your working copy, and examine the revision history. Oxygen provides support for importing database content, Microsoft Excel sheets, and legacy text data files into XML documents, and also for generating XML schema from database tables.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.7.3 or later running on a 64-bit Intel processor.
Note: Version 17.x is a paid upgrade. Pricing information can be found here.
- oXygen XML Editor version 17.1 includes updates and improvements to make your XML authoring and developing experience even more productive and effective. The performance of many of the integral components has been optimized and numerous features were enhanced and fine-tuned to make oXygen XML Editor even more powerful, dynamic, and easy to use. It also features a spectacular new visual design that makes everything look crisp and beautiful.
- Various DITA-related operations and dialog boxes have been reorganized and improved to maximize efficiency and convenience. You can also now enable experimental editing and publishing support for DITA 1.3, including new file templates, scoped keys, and branch filtering.
- oXygen XML Editor extends support for resolving errors and managing the structure of your documents through powerful actions. Support for XML Quick Fixes was expanded and their performance improved, while XML Refactoring actions were enhanced to make them more accessible and powerful.
- The oXygen WebHelp system was also improved to enhance your published output. Google Search, Google Analytics, and some popular social media widgets can now be integrated into your WebHelp system and search features are now available in offline mode.
- Improved CSS support includes optimized performance and the ability to use several properties that were previously not supported. Support for some level 4 pseudo-classes was also added, as well as support for allowing negative values in certain properties.
- The oXygen SDK contains many new API updates and the Web-based component provides new extension points to facilitate various integrations. The WebApp component has received numerous enhancements to allow you to customize many of its features, as well as an easy-to-use interface that makes it easy to configure your instance of the component.
- OS X 10.7.3 or later
- Java 7 or later
- 30-day evaluation license.