Developer website: Heikki Ohvo
There are three programs. One for the teacher to make the tests and analyze the results, one (MVK Respondent) for respondents to answer the questions and one (MVK Feedback) for respondents to look how the test went.
MVK calculates the grade for the teacher. Only if there are essay answers the teacher has to grade them.
"MVK Respondent" saves the information on which software has been running at the moment and also if the respondent has visited some other software when answering. This way you'll see if someone has cheated.
- Now you can use questions that are as long as you want. The amount of paragraphs is unlimited too. These changes affect both MVK and MVK Respondent. (v.3.2)
- Some bugs related to polls have been fixed. (v.3.2)
- Now it's possible to make database queries so that you get the id numbers of respondents instead of names. This way it is made sure that you can see unidentified answers for polls. These unidentified respondents have the id number 0. To make a query like this, press a shift key down when selecting Answers on the popup menu. (v.3.2)
- Now MVK Query Maker warns if you have made changes but haven't updated the question. (v.3.2)
- You can now see the details of the answers on the Question Database window. (v.3.2)
- You can now make special and individual instructions for the exams. (v.3.2)
- Now it is possible to use MVK Respondent which is installed on the Mac the respondent uses. (MVK Respondent 3.2.1 or newer.) (v.3.2)
- Fixed the bug that lost the picture links in some cases. (v.3.1)
- Added contextual menu on the Database Window to copy item as new question and to show the picture. (v.3.1)
- There aren't separate versions for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X any more. The main program MVK now needs Mac OS X 10.2 or newer, there is no Mac OS 9 version of MVK available.
On the other hand you can use MVK Respondent 3.0 and MVK Feedback 3.0 on Mac OS 9.1 or newer with CarbonLib 1.6 installed as well as on Mac OS X 10.2 or newer.
- There are some visual changes and improvements in all three applications.
- As a new feature in MVK 3.0 there is a possibility to use a Question Database. If it is in use, all the questions and answers will be read on the database. It is easy to take the old question into a new exam. It is possible to find out who has answered the specific question and with what kind of success, or which the questions s(he) has not answered etc are. (For more information of Question Database read the database readme file.)
- For the database there are some new fields and some new methods to transfer information from the question file to the answer file. Therefore you shouldn't use older versions than MVK 3.0 or MVK Respondent 3.0.