Developer website: Feral Interactive
Tropico... You, the newly installed dictator of an obscure Caribbean island, must create a life of prosperity and happiness for your people. Build farms to feed them, tenements to house them, pubs to lift their spirits and churches to save their souls. Follow a socialist path of factories, mines, logging and fishing, or chase capitalist dollars by building resorts to lure Yanqui tourists. Success will bring the praise of your people along with a fat Swiss bank account. Failure? Well, there's always martial law.
- Features more than 45 different characters with up to 50 separate attributes for each.
- Build your island with more than 80 different buildings including sports arenas, cathedrals, airports, rum distilleries and cabarets.
- Build your population from a mere 35 to a bustling 500 unique individuals.
- Create yourself as the dictator, picking both good and bad qualities.
- Tend to your people as they deal with devastating droughts, popular rebellions, military coups and U.S. sponsored invasions.
- This "multinational demo" of Tropico support 5 languages including English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
- This version also includes bug fixes for resolution switching under OS X and memory leaks.
Mac OS X 10.2 or later