Developer website: Aparajita Fishman
ObjectTools is an all-purpose tool which solves or simplifies many common problems faced by 4D developers. ObjectTools eliminates the limitations of 4D BLOBs and adds many new features not available with BLOBs. Using ObjectTools, 4D developers can:
- Store and retrieve any 4D data type (except for 2D arrays) by name in any order, eliminating the need to remember and use numeric offsets
- Access elements of arrays in an object without retrieving the array from the object
- Store and retrieve an entire record from any table with a single command
- Embed objects within objects to create hierarchically structured data storage
- Save and restore objects to and from BLOBs
- Dramatically reduce process and interprocess variable usage
- Easily package data for interprocess messaging
- Develop in an object-oriented style
- True 64-bit support has been implemented and is included with the plugin.
- Added support for Active4D interchange.
- Fixed a bug that prevented ObjectTools from starting up under 4D Remote when the user logged in using a network account.
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later
- 4th Dimension v11 or later