Fmail is a native application shell for FastMail. For iOS and Android there are native clients, but not for macOS.
The web interface used by FastMail is excellent. The one thing missing is that the web interface cannot handle email links. So when you click on such a link it is the macOS Mail application that opens. That is not what we want. Enter FMail.
- Notifies you when new mail arrives
- The Dock icon shows the number of unread mails
- Window bar shows title of selected item
- When run as background application, you can let the window close when going to another application
- Attachments download from inside the application
- Pdf files and images are previewed before download
- Show Raw Message inside the application and easily copied to the pasteboard
- Application specific contextual menus
- Shortcuts for composing and searching mail
- Auto dark/light mode in Mojave
- Written entirely in Swift