Firewalk X is a configuration and maintenance utility for Mac OS X's built-in firewall.
Features found in Firewalk X are:
- Can create rules for TCP, UDP, and ICMP protocols.
- Can specify ranges of IP addresses and ports including origination and destination ports.
- Configurable automatic port value inserter for helping with rule setup.
- System setup for firewall activation at system startup.
- Can view rules that are currently installed in the firewall for confirmation.
- Logging of user defined firewall events and notification of new events.
- Saving, importing, and exporting of rules sets.
- Watch Mode to help with firewall setup.
- Can preserve NAT settings for most NAT configurations.
- Dockling that allows independent switching rule sets on the fly.
- Smaller, compressed main interface to preserve screen realty.
Setup Assistants to aid novices with firewall setup.
- Firewalk X Repair Kit application that can fix possible problems with Firewalk X and the firewall.