Developer website: Nostalgic Software
Note: While the software is classified as free, it is actually donationware. Please consider making a donation to help support development.
Flighty 2 is a rare 2D flight simulator puts the player in control of a pre-1950 airplane flying over land and water. Simple key-pad-mouse controls will get you flying in no time. Design your own plane with colors, wing(s), body, engine power, etc. Flyghty includes both Civilian and Military Options plus slightly more complex Missions.
Features Missions That Are Included:
- Try a few takeoffs and landings.
- Add some random wind.
- Then try slightly damaged planes: no flaps, no wheels, engine out, a windy-foggy atoll and finally a vertical stall.
- Adds several red enemy planes and battleships with guns plus a friendly aircraft carrier.
- Recommend turning on new Visual aids and using new Up/Dn rolls.
- Torpedo drops include enemy planes plus a battleship.
- Balloon bombs need elimination to protect your runway and/or aircraft carrier.
- High scores, settings, and plane designs can all be saved.
- Improved Flight Dynamics New Up/Down Rool New Visual Aids for off-screen help
- OS X 10.4 or later