TinkerTool is an application that gives you access to additional preference settings Apple has built into Mac OS X. This allows to activate hidden features in the operating system and in some of the applications delivered with the system.
The tool makes sure that preference changes can only affect the current user. You don't need administrative privileges to use the tool. With this design, it is no problem to use TinkerTool in professional networks where users have restricted permissions. The program will never change any component of the operating system, so the integrity of your system is not put at risk, and
- The preference settings for Dock and Launchpad have been separated and are now presented on two different panes.
- Added support for Macintosh computers with Touch Bar.
- Added stepless control for the initial page zoom setting of Safari.
- Added feature to add spacer elements to the Dock.
- Added feature to change the layout arrangement of Launchpad.
- OS X 10.12 or later