Developer website: Jeremy Vizzini
VideoToolbox is a set of MP4 an d M4V tools made for both novices and professionals. This app allows you to easily access all your tools in a beautiful and clear interface. You no longer need to launch Quicktime X or Final Cut Pro to simply extract a picture or change the resolution. VideoToolbox will change your habits and save you time. Here is the list of tools:
- The media info tool extracts movie information such as video encoding, audio encoding and metadata tags. You can save the file in multiple format such as TXT, RTF, XML, JSON, and PLIST.
- The snaps tool captures movie frames selected at regular time intervals. Moreover, the output file name is totally customizable to allow you to extract thousands of images automatically.
- The thumbnails tool builds an informative preview image of the movie. The image is saved as png and it includes information about the video and a grid of extracted images.
- The timelapse tool produces a time lapse saved as an M4V file or as a GIF file from the automatically extracted images. You can select a number of frames or a time interval in seconds.
- The flipbook tool generates printable flip books from movie files. You can choose the number of frames, the number of pages and the binding position.
- The export tool converts movies to other formats from a list of presets. You can trim movies, change their resolution, reduce their weight and even extract audio tracks.
- The metadata tool reads and edits metadata tags of MP4 and M4V files. In addition,It can also fetch data from TMDb.org to complete the tags automatically
. Moreover, each tool has its own interface that fits in what you are doing at every moment. Multiple tasks can be launched at the same time and notifications displayed when the tasks are finished. Tasks are also cancellable. VideoToolbox includes advanced features which are directly supported by the player and the tools. You can rotate, flip and trim the movie and all the extracted images will automatically apply this new transformation. You can also extract the current frame and share it on all your preferred social services (Facebook, Twitter, Flikr, etc).
Note: The downloadable demo is at 10.0.18. The version available for purchase on the Mac App Store is version 10.0.17.
- Fix macOS Sierra crash at startup
- OS X 10.10 or later