'AsyncKeys!' means: 'Asynchronous keyboard reading', that is when the computer reads the status of the key pressed on the keyboard without waiting for them to generate a keyDown event. AsyncKeys is a little utility that shows you the exact keyboard reference number and its ASCII equivalent to a keystroke or key combination you can press.Note that if you change the layout of your keyboard (I.E. from US keyboard to French keyboard) some ASCII character changes but its keyboard reference number doesn't.
Version 1.7b4 adds the following:
- Compatible now only with Jaguar.
- Asynckeys! can now show the Base64 encoding in all its ASCII analyzer windows.
- New look thanks to the nice icons and pictures made by Eric J. Basti.
- All the program interface has been updated to become more compatible with Mac OS X interface standards.
- Added a font popup menu in the ASCII Character Revealer window,
Mac OS X 10.2 or later