OpenZFS on OS X is the open source port of OpenZFS on OS X.
OpenZFS was announced in September 2013 as the truly open source successor to the ZFS project. Our community brings together developers from the illumos, FreeBSD, Linux, and OS X platforms, and a wide range of companies that build products on top of OpenZFS. OpenZFS is an outstanding storage platform that encompasses the functionality of traditional filesystems, volume managers, and more, with consistent reliability, functionality and performance.
Note: While the included package installers require OS X 10.8 or later, compiling
- New upstream checksums (with new feature flags): SHA-512, Edonr, Skein (OpenZFS)
- Resumable send and receive (OpenZFS)
- Finder notification thread to refresh sizes across datasets (Jorgen Lundman)
- SPL: enhanced kmem pressure system (rottegift)
- SPL: Rewrite TSD using AVL tree (Jorgen Lundman)
- Cache names in getattr (Jorgen Lundman)
- OS X 10.9 or later
- Version for OS X 10.8 included in download