Developer website: Shiela Dixon / PeacockMedia
Helen's Website Editor is for you if you've had a website made for you and want to make small updates without concerning yourself with HTML or other technical things. Or maybe you're a developer who has made a site for a customer and wants to give them a very easy way to make small updates. This makes it as easy as possible to open up a page, make edits, and save.
- WYSIWYG editor
- Simple to use
- Type and format text
- Insert tables, lists, images
- Copy and paste from TextEdit, Pages, etc.
- If you are more Web-savvy you can insert Web headings, paragraphs, and divs using classes from your stylesheet
- Opens the page from the server and saves it directly back
- Edit your stylesheet and some meta tags
- Keeps a history of edits, easy to restore a previous version
N.B.: The concept of this app is that it opens and saves the remote copy directly. There is no local copy unless you want to maintain one yourself.
- adds Description to metadata tab (editable and saveable)
- Adds autoDetect for style sheet (this can be problematic if the HTTP root and FTP root don't match, in this case manual entry is recommended)
- Other small improvements
- OS X 10.5 or later
- A website, the FTP server's name or IP address, a username, and password